May 20, 2021
FROM: Bishop Randolph R. Calvo
SUBJ: NEW COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE AT MASSES
Given the new CDC guidelines:
- Anyone who is fully vaccinated (final dose + 14 days) may choose either not to wear a mask or to continue to wear a mask.
- Anyone who is not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated is to wear a mask out of charity for the safety of their neighbor and themselves. This will be an individual’s personal responsibility on an honor system.
- Until further notice, social distancing will be maintained but with choices for individuals and households of sitting either in section(s) with 3 feet distance, or section(s) with 6 feet, whichever they deem safer for them.
- Singing during Mass should be minimal and not for a prolonged time.
- Revisions to these protocols could come based on a community’s percentage of vaccination, test positivity rate, hospitalizations, and the number of deaths. Commitment to safety during the pandemic remains a priority in the Diocese of Reno.
- Pastors can implement the protocols on the weekend on May 29-30 or before, if they deem it opportune and feasible.
Notice: Fr. Mark, as pastor, has chosen to implement these newest protocols immediately.
Link to PDF version of this protocol.